Project Controls Engineer (FUTURE OPPORTUNITY)
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the power/utilities, infrastructure, transit/transportation, and offshore wind sectors.
Positions at CARIAN are full-time roles, which include base salary commensurate with experience and internal equity alignment, comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
We are actively sourcing to fill future openings on our team for a Project Controls Engineer to perform project control functions related to project life-cycle cost planning, creation, execution, control, and maintenance for a portfolio of Capital Projects for Fortune 500 companies.
- Handle cost engineering functions involving Budget Preparation, Cost Control, Forecasting and Cost Reporting
- Analyze Capital Project Controls issues and problems and come up with resolutions
- Develop, implement, and maintain Monthly Forecasting, Invoicing, and Cost Reporting
- Obtain, organize and interpret all information required to perform the work, including drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other appropriate file material as needed
- Determine schedules, estimates, and work scope to execute and complete deliverables within budget
- Generate project progress charts and cost reports
- Analyze schedule information and provide project teams with recommended corrective action to ensure projects meet required in-service dates
- Prepare detailed schedule reports as required (i.e., critical path view, baseline vs. actual view, look ahead view, milestone view, “what-if” scenarios, etc.)
- Report project status, price and schedule project changes, earned value schedule progress, cost and schedule forecasting, and cost estimates, including take-offs and conceptual estimating
- Report scope changes for construction, engineering, and start-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction or Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years work experience as Project Controls Specialist/Engineer
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 and project management cost controls and scheduling concepts
- A complete understanding of the accrual processes, invoice review, and validation are required
This position is currently remote but will perform in a hybrid model within the New Jersey or New York area by 2022.
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.